Happiness is this Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. This can be served as a decadent dessert with vanilla ice cream, or for breakfast with a cup of coffee. Is there really anything better than chocolate, banana, and cake mixed together? Let’s make this!
Want in on a secret tip of mine? I prefer almond extract over vanilla extract. For this recipe, either extract will do. I use almond extract in a lot of my desserts. If you’ve tried my Chocolate Ganache Mini Cherry Cheesecake Recipe, you’re familiar with the ingredient. 🙂 It adds a little something to a dessert that I can’t quite describe. I’ve tried making cheesecakes with vanilla and I don’t get the same pop of flavor from it. Give almond extract a try.
¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
2 egg yolks
1 ripe banana
½ tbsp almond or vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups flour
¼ tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (you can use Semi-Sweet/Milk Chocolate/Vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Slowly, add in eggs, egg yolks, banana, almond, or vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add in flour, a little at a time. Beat on low, until batter is combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- I like to serve it warm with a tab of butter.
Can’t get enough dessert recipes? Check out these ones:
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Ganache Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread for the Bread Machine (Recipe by Tasty Oven)
- Blueberry Vanilla Almond Granola Crumble