Happiness is this Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. This can be served as a decadent dessert with vanilla ice cream, or for breakfast with a cup of coffee. Is there really anything better than chocolate, banana, and cake mixed together? Let’s make this!
Want in on a secret tip of mine? I prefer almond extract over vanilla extract. For this recipe, either extract will do. I use almond extract in a lot of my desserts. If you’ve tried my Chocolate Ganache Mini Cherry Cheesecake Recipe, you’re familiar with the ingredient. 🙂 It adds a little something to a dessert that I can’t quite describe. I’ve tried making cheesecakes with vanilla and I don’t get the same pop of flavor from it. Give almond extract a try.
You’ll also need 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, BUTTER….lots of butter, sugar, chocolate chips, banana. When it comes to chocolate chips, feel free to use whatever you have available in the pantry such as semi-sweet, dark or milk chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan. Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Slowly, add in eggs, egg yolks, banana, almond or vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add in flour, a little at a time. Beat on low, until batter is combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. How delicious does that batter look? YUM!
Cool for 20 minutes and then remove from the pan.. Serve warm with butter. I love to have a cup of coffee with mine. Enjoy!
Can’t get enough dessert recipes? Neither can I, so you might also want to check out these other favorite recipes of mine~
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Ganache Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Blueberry Vanilla Almond Granola Crumble
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board and be sure to follow me for more recipe inspiration.