Hands down this is one of my top 5 favorite recipes to make. It’s that good. In partnership with Chobani®, I’m so excited to share this easy greek chicken recipe with you. Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt 32 oz Multi-Serve Tub is available nationwide at Walmart. You can double-check availability at your local Walmart store at Walmart.com.
This Greek chicken recipe is one of those easy meals that you can make for your family and feel good about serving it. With ingredients like Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, lemons, oil, and spices, it infuses all of those yummy greek flavors into the chicken.
Greek Chicken Marinade Ingredients
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh or dried dill
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
Recommended Products to make Greek Chicken
How to Make Greek Chicken
- In a large bowl, add minced garlic, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, plain Greek yogurt, dill, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add chicken and coat well. Let the chicken marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Remove most of the marinade from the chicken before adding it to the skillet, or else it will burn.
- Add chicken in an even layer to the skillet, leave some space between the chicken pieces so they’ll brown rather than steam. You may need to work in batches depending on how big your skillet is.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes and then flip the chicken and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken to a plate to rest.
- Serve chicken over rice with a dollop (or two) of easy tzatziki sauce, diced red onion, fresh dill, pita bread, and a lemon wedge.
- If the chicken is burning because of the marinade in the pan, I’ve found adding a splash of chicken broth or water to the pan helps and creates a flavorful browning on the chicken.
- You can cook the chicken breasts whole instead and dice the chicken after it’s fully cooked. Same instructions except you will cook the chicken breasts for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked, or until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Want to cook this on the grill? No problem. Keep the chicken breasts whole (do not cut into 1-inch chunks) and grill as you normally would, or follow these instructions:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken on the grill for 6-7 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 6-7 minutes or until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Rest the chicken for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Live next to a Trader Joe’s? Go buy their Garlic Spread Dip (usually located next to the hummus) and add a dollop to your Greek chicken. It’s A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Did you love making Greek Chicken? Check out some of my other favorite recipes:
- Pan-Seared Skirt Steak with Blue Cheese Cream Sauce
- Joanna Gaines’ Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup
- Instant Pot Cheesy Garlic Chicken Pasta