This post is sponsored by Campbell’s® but all opinions are my own.
I’m so excited to be partnering with the Fight Hunger. Spark Change. event on this Campbell’s® Easy Skillet Chicken Pot Pie recipe! All across the US, we’re experiencing high rates of stay-at-home orders and social distancing. With school and job closures disrupting everyday life, many are turning to food banks for much-needed support. In this time of uncertainty, Feeding America® food banks are helping by providing food to people who need it most, but they can’t do it alone.
Now, more than ever, our local food banks need our help. Walmart has made it easy for you to help people in need in your community in a safe and convenient way. From April 5th to May 3rd, for every participating Campbell’s® product, a donation will be made to Feeding America, up to $500k! You can help without even leaving your house by donating at Feeding America® or purchasing items on walmart.com for pickup and delivery. I created a donation bag for my local food bank with SpaghettiOs®, Swanson®, Pace®, and Prego®, all products included in the program. Together, we can Fight Hunger and Spark Change.
What ingredients do i need to make this easy skillet chicken pot pie?
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 package canned biscuits (8 count)
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tbsp. water to make the egg wash
HOW DO I MAKE THIS EASY SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and butter.
- Add onions, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add celery and frozen mixed vegetables and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the flour to the pan and whisk it around for 60 seconds.
- Slowly add in the Swanson® Chicken Broth and whole milk. Whisk until the mixture is thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and dried parsley, stir to combine.
- Place the biscuits on top of the chicken mixture, and then take your egg wash and brush the tops of the biscuits with the egg wash.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
FAQs & Tips
- WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN DO I USE FOR THIS RECIPE?
- Cooked chicken breast is what I used. This recipe is perfect if you have leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken.
- WHAT KIND OF BISCUITS DID YOU USE?
- I used the 8 count Grands by Pillsbury.
- I CAN’T FIND FROZEN MIXED VEGETABLES. WHAT DO I USE?
- You can use any type of frozen vegetables you like, such as peas and carrots.
- Use reduced-sodium Swanson® Chicken Broth, or cut back on how much salt you add to this dish.
- You must use an oven-safe skillet, or you can transfer the chicken mixture to an 8x8in baking dish and then top with biscuits.
- This recipe works great with leftover turkey from the holidays.
Looking for more yummy recipes? Try these:
- Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup
- Pan-Seared Skirt Steak with Blue Cheese Cream Sauce
- Easy Greek Chicken
- 30-Minute Meatless Red Lentil Chili