Get ready for the easiest Instant Pot meal you’ll ever make. There is something about adding a can of chipotles in adobo sauce to chicken that makes my taste buds burst. I decided to make these in the Instant Pot, making this meal ready in 20 minutes. Let’s make Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Walking Tacos!
What is a walking taco?
A walking taco is so fun to make. Typically, they are made with individual-sized bags of chips, such as Fritos or Doritos. You add taco meat and all of the toppings to the individual bags of chips. No plate is required for this fun, kid-friendly meal.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 3 chipotles from 1 small can of chipotles in adobo, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Individual sized bags of Fritos
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Diced Avocados
- Sour Cream
- Add water, taco seasoning, chopped chipotles in adobo, and diced tomatoes to the Instant Pot; stir to combine.
- Add chicken breasts and black beans. Cover and lock the lid in place. Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes. When the timer is done, do a quick-release and allow all of the steam to escape.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken from the instant pot and shred.
- Add shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
To serve: open a bag of Fritos. Top the chips with a scoop of the chicken and chipotle sauce and serve with your favorite toppings. We love adding shredded lettuce, cheese, fresh salsa, avocados, and sour cream.
Note: you can switch it up and use any kind of individual sized chips. Doritos work well with this recipe too.
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Give these a try: