This one-pan chicken and apple sausage hash will be your new favorite meal to make for breakfast. With simple ingredients like red potatoes, chicken and apple sausage, herbs, and more. It will all cook in one pan making it the easiest recipe to make.
In order to make this delicious one-pan recipe, you’ll need a few ingredients.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 1.5lb bag small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- Splash of chicken broth or water
- 3 Aidells® Chicken and Apple Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 cups kale or spinach, if using kale be sure to remove the stems and only use the leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add diced onion and cubed potatoes to the skillet. Saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Add diced yellow bell pepper, minced garlic, and smoked paprika to the pan. Continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Once your potatoes have browned, add a splash of chicken broth or water, and diced apple chicken sausage. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are soft and chicken is cooked.
- Add kale or spinach to the skillet, continue to flip the hash until the kale is wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to your liking and serve.
- A splash of chicken broth or water is about 2 tbsp but not more than 1/4 cup of liquid to the pan.
- Be sure to dice the potatoes the same size and thickness so all cooks evenly.
- You can use any color bell pepper you like.